1) Klein, Erin E., et al. “Scientific Examination of Plantar Plate Abnormality: A Diagnostic Perspective.” Foot & Ankle Worldwide, vol. 34, no. 6, June 2013, pp. 800–04. PubMed, https://doi.org/10.1177/1071100712471825.
2) Sung, Wenjay, et al. “Prognosis of Plantar Plate Harm by Magnetic Resonance Imaging with Reference to Intraoperative Findings.” The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgical procedure: Official Publication of the American School of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, vol. 51, no. 5, Oct. 2012, pp. 570–74. PubMed, https://doi.org/10.1053/j.jfas.2012.05.009.
3) Nery, Caio, et al. “Etiology, Scientific Evaluation, and Surgical Restore of Plantar Plate Tears.” Seminars in Musculoskeletal Radiology, vol. 20, no. 2, Apr. 2016, pp. 205–13. PubMed, https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0036-1581114.
4) Nery, Caio, and Daniel Baumfeld. “Lesser Metatarsophalangeal Joint Instability: Remedy with Tendon Transfers.” Foot and Ankle Clinics, vol. 23, no. 1, Mar. 2018, pp. 103–26. PubMed, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fcl.2017.09.008.
5) McCarthy, Catherine L., and Graeme V. Thompson. “Ultrasound Findings of Plantar Plate Tears of the Lesser Metatarsophalangeal Joints.” Skeletal Radiology, vol. 50, no. 8, Aug. 2021, pp. 1513–25. PubMed, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00256-020-03708-1.
6) Doty, Jesse F., and Michael J. Coughlin. “Metatarsophalangeal Joint Instability of the Lesser Toes and Plantar Plate Deficiency.” The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, vol. 22, no. 4, Apr. 2014, pp. 235–45. PubMed, https://doi.org/10.5435/JAAOS-22-04-235
7) Akoh, Craig C., and Phinit Phisitkul. “Plantar Plate Harm and Angular Toe Deformity.” Foot and Ankle Clinics, vol. 23, no. 4, Dec. 2018, pp. 703–13. PubMed, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fcl.2018.07.010.