Right here’s the total bracket, schedule and scores for this 12 months’s match.
It’s NIT TIME BABY! (extraordinarily Dick Vitale voice). The Nationwide Invitational Match is upon us, and whereas many groups will likely be disenchanted they’re in competitors to turn out to be one of the best bridesmaid of March, slightly than the bride, there’s nonetheless quite a lot of delight to play for.
Every year the NIT options one main snub who turns into the favourite to run the desk. This 12 months it’s Rutgers. The Scarlet Knights had each ounce of justification to be within the NCAA match, however have been pushed simply exterior the bubble.
That doesn’t imply a Rutgers win needs to be thought of a foregone conclusion. Sure, they’re an excellent group — however final 12 months Texas A&M was the large NCAA snub and ended up shedding to Xavier 73-72 within the NIT closing.
The massive edge the NIT has all the time held over the NCAA match is ambiance. Certain, taking part in at large impartial websites brings cash and parity to the game, however there’s one thing to be stated for preserving the on-campus ambiance just like the NIT does. It’s because of this that the seeded groups get to play at house to open the match, with the campus websites internet hosting till the quarterfinals are full. Curiously you’ll see that this omits Oklahoma State, who must journey regardless of being a No. 1 seed due to a previous dedication on campus to host the NCAA Wrestling Championships.
The 2023 NIT Schedule
Tuesday, March 14
- Hofstra 88, No. 1 Rutgers 86 OT
- No. 3 Michigan 90, Toledo 80
- No. 4 UAB 88, Southern Miss 60
- No. 3 Liberty 62, Villanova 57
- No. 2 Vanderbilt 71, Yale 62
- No. 2 Wisconsin 81, Bradley 62
- Jap Washington 81, No. 4 Washington State 74
- No. 3 Colorado 65, Seton Corridor 64
Wednesday, March 15
- No. 1 Oklahoma State 69, Youngstown State 64
- UCF 67, No. 4 Florida 49
- Morehead State 68, No. 1 Clemson 64
- No. 2 North Texas vs. Alcorn | 8 p.m. | ESPN+
- No. 3 Sam Houston at Santa Clara | 9 p.m. | ESPN+
- No. 4 Cincinnati vs. Virginia Tech | 9 p.m. | ESPN2
- No. 2 New Mexico vs. Utah Valley | 10 p.m. | ESPN+
- No. 1 Oregon vs. UC Irvine | 11 p.m. | ESPN2
Saturday, March 18
- No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 2 Vanderbilt | 12 p.m. | ESPN
Sunday, March 19
Tuesday, March 21
Wednesday, March 22
Tuesday, March 28
Thursday, March 30