Information of our SwitchGradeTM prototype broke out in early 2021 and phrase unfold rapidly – a lot faster than we had anticipated in reality. From the outset, common compatibility was a serious objective for us and at this time, SwitchGrades are appropriate with a lot of the market leaders together with droppers from OneUp, PNW, Fox, RockShox, eThirteen, Raceface, KS, TranzX and lots of extra. But there was one model that eluded us resulting from some appreciable challenges (as if this making a SwitchGrade wasn’t onerous sufficient).
BikeYoke is acknowledged as purveyors of extremely modern and well-engineered parts and their high of the road Revive dropper units the benchmark for reliability and clean operation. It’s seemingly why we obtained numerous emails, texts, and DM’s asking us to make a Revive-compatible SwitchGrade, particularly from European and US clients. Designing SwitchGrades to be near-universally appropriate was a serious enterprise because of the immense number of seatposts available on the market and the absence of design requirements aside from decrease tube diameters. The BikeYoke Revive posed a substantial problem resulting from some powerful constraints, most notably its diminutive posthead.
“Man the place to begin? Possible the hardest a part of growing the SwitchGrade basically was designing for the small house we needed to work with between the saddle and seatpost whereas retaining acceptable stack top. This did not give us quite a lot of room to work with particularly when aiming to make one thing compact and lightweight but sturdy sufficient to face up to the abuse of Northshore and Sea to Sky riders who we modeled it for. The BikeYoke was much more troublesome due to the small posthead dimensions however we made it work.” – Colin Adamson, Aenomaly’s Lead Design Guide.
The SwitchGrade for the BikeYoke incorporates a distinctive base that departs from the quad-scallop design seen on our different fashions. This was executed to accommodate the Revive’s compact posthead. The “Sort 4” mannequin additionally noticed the introduction of twin asymmetrical bridge constructions for added power, ease of set up, and to scale back general measurement, all of the whereas sustaining a geometrical and aesthetically interesting kind which aligned with our design language.
Launching the Bike Yoke appropriate model of the SwitchGrade was an essential milestone for us as a result of it aligns with our objective to deal with buyer wants and desires. As a small family-owned startup we couldn’t be extra happy with this mannequin which we imagine is on par with BikeYoke’s consideration to element and engineering excellence which, in our view, ranks among the many finest on the market.
- Three fastened “macro” positions
- Damaging tilt steepens efficient seat tube angle >1 diploma, raises rear of saddle approx. 20mm, and strikes rider ahead approx. 10mm
- Optimistic tilt drops the rear of saddle approx. 30mm rising clearance and standover for descending
- Native 2 bolt micro-adjustment permits saddle angle tuning changes
- Low-profile design permits compatibility with a variety of droppers, fastened seatposts, and saddles
- Optimized haptic suggestions and audible locking engagement conjures up confidence and eyes-free shifting
- Ambidextrous design: could be put in with front-facing lever or rear accessed
- Ample mud-clearance to cope with the weather
- Distinctive quad-scallop design interprets to transferability amongst a wide range of dropper posts (Sorts 1, 2, 3)
- Quick and straightforward 90 second set up
- Low upkeep and straightforward to rebuild
- Designed and examined on the North Shore, precision CNC-machined in Whistler BC, hand assembled in Vancouver.
- Machined from 7075 T6 / 6061 T6 aluminum
- Dimensions: 105mm x 40mm x 55mm – Sorts 1, 2, 3
- 95mm x 40mm x 55mm – Sort 4 (BikeYoke Revive)
- Weight – Sorts 1, 2, 3: 170 grams. Sort 4: 163 grams. Web achieve approx. 100 grams because the SwitchGrade replaces inventory clamp meeting which common 60-70 grams
- Change in stack top varies from publish to publish (ave. 8mm)
- Appropriate with 7mm tubular saddle rails solely
Pricing & Availability
SwitchGrades can be found now for buy. MSRP: $245 USD, $284 CAD, £170 GBP, €198 EUR*. Present lead occasions are 4-6 weeks. Orders positioned at this time will ship in late April).
- Improved effectivity, traction, and luxury when climbing
- Elevated standover, clearance, management, and security when descending
- Efficient administration for these struggling groin discomfort, decrease again ache, and knee pressure
- Fight fatigue skilled throughout climbing – save your vitality for the enjoyable stuff
- On-demand adjustability eliminates compromises enabling optimized ascending and descending
Who’s the SwitchGrade for?
- Aggressive riders and freeriders looking for elevated clearance and management to reinforce dynamic motion
- Female and male cyclists who are suffering groin associated ache or numbing, again ache, or knee pressure
- “Winch and plummet” riders whose trails start with steep and/or lengthy climbs adopted by steep or technical descents
- Enduro racers trying to save vitality for the downhill phases and have DH-bike clearance and management
- Riders with older bikes / geometry
- Those that not need to compromise ergonomics, efficiency, or consolation whereas driving
- Tall riders looking for correct leg extension and positioning whereas climbing
- Shorter riders searching for extra standover
- Endurance and journey riders who journey on multi-day epics throughout variable terrain and slopes
“As a coach who’s at all times searching for methods to assist riders really feel extra snug on the bike, I noticed instantly how this might preserve strain off their delicate under-bits for these lengthy steep climbs. After driving on the Switchgrade I used to be stunned by how a lot I missed it when driving on my bikes with out one. It made my regular saddle place I have been driving for 20yrs really feel prefer it was pointing straight up when climbing. I plan to introduce quite a lot of new folks to the Switchgrade and to ensure all my bikes have one on it.” – Harlan Value, Stage II PMBIA Teacher, Proprietor/Head Coach, Take Purpose Biking
“When driving up a steep slope, a historically impartial saddle tilt will trigger the pelvis to tilt posteriorly. This has quite a few implications, each above and beneath the extent of the hip. Along with over-lengthening and stressing muscle tissues of the lumbar backbone, an aggressive posterior pelvic tilt alters the place of the hip joint relative to different constructions within the physique. This modifications the leverage capabilities of the hip and surrounding muscle tissues, significantly with reference to hip extension. Extreme posterior pelvic tilt additionally has a damaging affect upon quadriceps muscle recruitment, and has the potential to have an effect on the diploma of terminal knee extension throughout pedal stroke. What this boils all the way down to is each an uncomfortable and inefficient driving place. A damaging saddle tilt, akin to that supplied by the SwitchGrade, helps mitigate this modification in pelvic tilt throughout steep, seated climbing.” – Dr. Adam Phaneuf, Skilled Bike Fitter, Proprietor, Apex Chiropractic and Rehab
“After spending just a few lengthy days within the saddle with Switchgrade put in, I can undoubtedly say that the advantages are noticeable. From a biomechanics perspective, the ahead tilted place undoubtedly creates a extra anteriorly rotated pelvis within the seated place. That is anatomy communicate for higher decrease again posture, and higher energy switch throughout seated, steep climbs. From a shredding perspective, the rearward tilt offers you a noticeably elevated standover top over your dropped saddle for full ship, downhill procedures. I can not wait to get extra time on the bike with Switchgrade aboard.” – Dr. Josh Harris DPT, Osteopractic, Proprietor, Somercycle Bike Store
“I’ve been driving the SwitchGrade for couple weeks now, and I merely find it irresistible. Being able to get a correct seat place for climbing and descending is a sport changer, it’s a product I’ll use all the time on all my bikes ” – Yoann Barelli, Skilled Freerider, Proprietor, Into The Gnar Development Workforce
To be taught extra concerning the SwitchGrade, go to www.aenomalyconstructs.com